Transformative journal of Nor Azlin imam Muhari

Social Engagement Self Reflection
Nor Azlin Binti Imam Muhari
CIA160101
Group 5

Before the program started, most of us don’t know about each other even though we
are in the same faculty and in the same class. I am glad to have such good and responsible
group members for this social engagement course which allow us to cooperate well and
completed our task. At first, I didn’t expect that we going to conduct our social engagement
activity at Sekolah Kebangsaan Pendidikan Khas which the special primary school for children
with hearing disability. I am really worried if can’t really communicate with the school student
really well as I am not used to sign language but I take it as a challenge for myself so that I can
create new memorable experience and at the same time learning the sign language. As being
informed by the director of our group , we are going to conduct a 2 days program at the school
which our accommodation be provided by the school for our stay at there. Then I start to learn basic
sign language which might be useful for me during the program.

The first day when we arrived, I am impress with school facilities and structure which is very
different from my previous primary school. The landscape and decoration of the school are
really interesting which suitable for the kids to encourage them to study in the very
comfortable environment. The first moment the school children see us, they not really excited
to join the program as they do not know us but after divided them into group and conduct the
ice breaking activity, they started to show their interest to join our program and communicate
with us. There are lot of activity being held during the first day of the program such as cross
word puzzle, board game and helping them doing their homework. The school children enjoy
the activity as much as I enjoyed it. I am glad to know them better during the first day activity
which can help us to have fun with them and conduct the program activity easier.

The second day of the program, we continue to conduct several activities such as
explorace and also closing ceremony for our program. During the closing ceremony, their
school teachers express that they feeling happy and thankful for having us to conduct activity
with the school student which make us feel thankful that they really comfortable and happy for
having us during the 2 days program. As we are leaving the school, some of student feel sad as
knowing that we going to the leave the school. However, all the experience in joining
the program is such very memorable experience for me which I am really glad to be part of the
program.

Last but not least, I want to take this opportunity to thank our supervisor lecture, Dr
Yazkhiruni Binti Yahya for giving advice and helping us throughout the program and also for my
social engagement group members for giving full cooperation and support which make it easier fo

us completed our task for the social engagement course.

Comments

Popular Posts